Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Basic Studies Programme of the University of Port Harcourt for the 2012/2013 academic session.
Candidates should possess WASSCE/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB Ordinary Level with credit passes in at least 5 relevant subjects with a minimum score of 180 in the 2012/2013 UTME. JAMB subject combination should be strictly adhered to.
Online application will commenced on Monday, August 13, 2012; while the closing date for application is 12 midnight on Friday, September 15, 2012.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application is online, Logon to www.uniport.edu.ng and follow the instructions; a fee of Eight Thousand One Hundred and fifty Naira (N8,150.00), including Bank charges is required. Payment can be made at designated Banks Nation-wide. The names on candidates’O’Level Certificates and JAMB Results must be the same with what is filled online.
The Screening Test will be Computer-Based and shall be conducted on Thursday, October 18, 2012.
Venue: ICTC, University Park(Abuja Campus), University of Port Harcourt.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISECandidates are required to come with the following and be at the Venue by 7.00am
· A clear copy of Photocard printed online
· Biro, HB pencil, eraser
· Non – Programmable Calculator
Registration of successful candidates will commence on Monday, November 5, 2012, while lectures will start on Monday,November 12, 2012.
· PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATORS OF THE FX – 991ES SERIES,MOBILE PHONES, IPOD AND SIMILAR GADGETS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE SCREENING VENUES.
· AT THE END OF THE PROGRAMME, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES REQUIRE NATIONAL MINIMUM SCORE IN THE 2013 UTME TO TRANSIT TO YEAR 1.
· NO ADMISSION INTO THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT FOR 2012/2013.
For further information, contact the School of Basic Studies;